Itty Bitty City’s Sensory Friendly Sessions are a ticketed event for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and sensory processing differences and their families to have a fun play experience in a comfortable and accepting environment! Pamela Witt, from The Equine Discovery Center will be there to provide support.
Itty Bitty City Staff turn down lights and limit extra sounds. Sensory Friendly Sessions offer modifications to reduce sensory input. These sessions include the following modifications:
- Less crowded environment (tickets sold for this event to limit numbers)
- Designated quiet space
- Light and sound reduction
- Social Story available online
- Sensory Map available online to plan your visit
- Picture Exchange Communication System cards for Itty Bitty City available for download.
- Extra visual safety signage (Stop Signs posted where children should wait for an adult before entering)
Tickets are $10 per child. Up to two adults may attend with each ticketed child.
Or, call 417-202-2025 to purchase via phone.