Party Pal and Playologist Position
Playologists provide the main infrastructure of Itty Bitty City. They work alongside children and families, helping to facilitate imagination, play, and learning. Playologists have an upbeat attitude and an enthusiasm for education. They ensure the safety of visitors and cleanliness of the play spaces. They exemplify outstanding customer service, staffing our admissions desk, assisting with special programs, facilitating birthday parties, and making sure play areas are clean, safe, and well stocked. All Playology team members must be self-motivated, friendly, energetic, creative individuals who enjoy working in a family environment.
A Party Pal is a Playologist who specializes in ensuring that all aspects of parties and other group events at Itty Bitty City run smoothly. As a member of the Playologist team, Party Pals interact with party attendees in the play areas and when carrying out cleaning and sanitation procedures in the party room. A Party Pal is well organized, able to manage multiple projects at once, and able to work with a variety of different types of personalities. Party Pals are dedicated to providing party goers with an excellent experience and contribute to a positive work environment for the entire Playologist team.
- Be familiar with the party-booking process and available packages in order to facilitate interacting with interested visitors to provide more information, walking them through the booking process, and gathering any relevant details.
- Work with Managers to ensure consistent communication with scheduled parties and manage supplies needed to deliver scheduled birthday parties.
- Ensure party room is prepped and ready to go for parties and other events/classes.
- Work directly with birthday parties to provide specialized customer service, facilitate special birthday activity for party guests, and assist with any other needs the party hosts and guests may have.
- Rotation on floor, lab, cleaning, and desk as needed, including weekend shifts.
- Interact with children and their families through play
- Ensure the safety of visitors
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the City
- Provide outstanding customer service to all guests
- Manage retail transactions at the admissions desk and in the toy shop
- Enjoys working and playing with children and families
- Energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Creates a positive work environment and fosters team effort
- Able to accept direction & build skills with direction from owner and peers
- Have the physical ability & desire to lead in an active and fast-paced environment – standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc. as needed
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Experience in above listed duties and a willingness to take on additional duties as Itty Bitty City grows and evolves.
- Experience in cash-handling and a willingness to learn our computer programs
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Must be age 18 or older
Starting Pay Rate: $9.45 per hour
If you are interested in joining the Itty Bitty City crew, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the apply button below.Apply Here