Playologists provide the main infrastructure of Itty Bitty City. They work alongside children and families, helping to facilitate imagination, play, and learning. Playologists have an upbeat attitude and an enthusiasm for education. They ensure the safety of visitors and cleanliness of the play spaces. They exemplify outstanding customer service, staffing our admissions desk, assisting with special programs, facilitating birthday parties, and modeling learning through play. All Playology team members must be self-motivated, friendly, energetic, creative individuals who enjoy working in a family environment. While some Playologists might specialize in a specific job duty, all Playologists will be cross trained on all duties listed below.
- Interact with children and their families through play
- Ensure the safety of visitors
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the City
- Provide outstanding customer service to all guests
- Manage retail transactions at the admissions desk and in the toy shop
- Facilitate birthday parties and field trip orientations
- Assist with curriculum development for City activities, workshops, and classes
- Enjoys working and playing with children and families
- Energetic, enthusiastic, patient and flexible
- Creates a positive work environment and fosters team effort
- Able to accept direction & build skills with direction from managers
- Have the physical ability & desire to work in an active and fast-paced environment – standing, sitting, kneeling, crawling, climbing, etc. as needed
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Experience in cash-handling and a willingness to learn our computer programs
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week. Schedules are flexible but some evening and weekend availability is required. Full-time options are available.
- Must be age 18 or older
Starting Pay Rate: $8.75 per hour
The Weekend Manager Position is vital in supporting all staff to ensure that daily operations run as smoothly as possible on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This includes overseeing front desk and point of sale processes, birthday parties, special events, and general operations throughout the Center. The Weekend Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager. This position can be either full time or part time, between 20 and 40 hours per week.
- Supervise floor and event staff
- Ensure that the City and its contents are clean and safe
- Maintain cash drawers and opening/closing procedures
- Manage birthday party operations
- Open/close the building before/after Playologists arrive/leave
- Be available for early/late events
- Other duties as assigned
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours and during holiday seasons.
- Demonstrate experience or skill set in managing people and procedures
- Demonstrate experience and skill set in cash handling and point of sale systems
- Approach workplace issues calmly and professionally
- Work efficiently in a chaotic environment
- Be outgoing and approachable toward both visitors and staff
Pay and benefits based upon experience and average number of hours worked weekly.